Bishop Vincent D. and Christle L. Collins bring to the Agape Worship Center Church of God over twenty years of marriage, ministry, and military service. Bishop Collins is known for his ability to communicate biblical truth in a down to earth manner. His Philosophy for his ministry is Love, Acceptance and Forgiveness.
Bishop Collins is a native of Winter Haven Florida, and his wife Christle, is a native of South Hill, Virginia. Bishop Collins’ tenure of service have included ministries in Germany, Korea, Maryland, and South Carolina where he currently serves as Senior Pastor of the Agape Worship Center, Columbia, South Carolina. He has served as an Children Pastor, Youth Pastor, Evangelist, and District Overseer. Bishop Collins is an anointed preacher and it often sought after for revivals, conferences, and camp meetings.
He holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Organizational Management from Voorhees College and a Masters of Divinity in Pastoral Leadership from Columbia International University, Columbia, South Carolina. He is currently enrolled and pursuing a Doctorate of Divinity with Erskine Theological Seminary.
Bishop Collins serves on the State Council of the Church of God, South Carolina and he serves as Director of the Southeast Regional Fellowship for South Carolina Churches of God. He also serves on the Pastor Advisory Committee for Ministry to the Military, International Church of God. Bishop Collins is a member of the Rotary Club in Columbia, South Carolina. Bishop Collins served 22 years in the United States Army retiring as a First Sergeant in May of 2002
Christle has a dual master Degree from from Webster University in Human Resources. She has served on the Women Ministries Board for the state of South Carolina Church of God. Christle also served 26 years in the United States Army retiring as a Sergeant Major in October of 2005
He and Christle have one daughter, Christy Collins, 26 years of age, who reside in Charlotte, North Carolina and she has completed Masters Degree in Human Resource Management from Webster University in Columbia SC.
Bishop and First Lady Collins’ tenure is as follows:
April 2002 to Present: Serving as the Senior Pastor of Agape Worship Center Church of God, located in Columbia, SC. Agape Worship Center has grown from 7 members in April 2002 to over 225 members presently.
1997 to 2002: Served as Associate Pastor of the Dentsville Church of God, Advisor to the Pastor; Adult Sunday School Teacher; Family Training Hour Coordinator/Teacher; Men’s Fellowship Leader/Coordinator; and served on the Usher/Greeter Committee.
1994 to 1996: Served as Pastor/District Overseer of the Christian Servicemen’s Center, Seoul, South Korea. As Pastor of this Center it expanded from 18 attendees to over 150 attendees weekly, and started a Nigerian and Hispanic Outreach. He and his wife served as District Overseers for three other ministries.
1986 to 1994: Served as Associate Pastor/Youth Pastor of the Word of Life Church of God in Odenton, Maryland.
1983 to 1985: He served with the Church of God Christian Servicemen’s Center.
Served honorably in the U.S. Army, retiring after 22 years of active military in May 2003.
High School Graduate – Winter Haven High School, Winter Haven, FL, 1980
- 30 Semester hours of the Bible from Lee University, Cleveland, TN, 1992 – 1994
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Organization Management, Voorhees College, Denmark, South Carolina, 1999 – 2000
- Currently enrolled in Columbia Seminary pursuing a Masters of Divinity in Pastoral Leadership
- 22 years of active military service from July 1980 to May 2002
- Equal Opportunity Course designed to provide training in the observance and recognition of all ethnicities. Scope of training dealt with human behavior, sexual harassment, affirmative action, discrimination and training in small groups with emphasis on consideration of others.
- Staff and Faculty Course designed to focus on the process of writing and development of course material. It also provided hands-on experience in teaching oral communications, facilitating lectures and instructing courses.
- Manpower Force Development Course concentrated on the principle processes and policies of authorization documentation. The subject areas covered addressed manpower documents and their importance to the force management process.
- Operation Logistics Course provided instruction in the performance of exercises in management, including planning, organizing, leadership, human relation motivation, resource management, and the use of automated information systems.
- Primary Leadership Course, Basic Noncommissioned Officer Course and Advanced Noncommissioned Officer Courses provided instruction on leadership, supervision of personnel, records management, classification and evaluation processes, and the use of computer-based systems to support the functioning of an organization